In person for the first time since October 2019, CPhI Worldwide is scheduled November 9-11 in Milan, Italy. The professional gathering features exhibits and sessions geared toward various aspects of the pharma supply chain, including ingredients, finished products, machinery, packaging, outsourcing, biopharmaceuticals, and more.
Orhan Caglayan, CPhI Worldwide brand director, said show organizers are “delighted” to be welcoming pharma professionals (many of whom have played an active part in helping to overcome COVID-19) back to the in-person event.
“CPhI Worldwide is an essential conduit in helping pharma supply chains work, partners meet, empowering the industry with learning, but this year, more than ever, the event will also be a celebration of everything pharma has achieved,” he said. "Most exciting is that with partnerships proliferating, we expect further great strides ahead for global pharma in the year ahead.”
In addition to the in-person content in Milan, registrants will have access to the digital platform until November 19. The virtual content will offer networking tools, lead gathering, keynotes, webinars, podcasts, and whitepapers.
With COVID-19 still looming large in Italy and everywhere else, show organizers are taking caution in several ways:
- All attendees must preregister online before arrival; no onsite registration will be offered.
- The show will follow Italian Ministry of Health guidelines, which are subject to change.
- CPhI Worldwide also offers this COVID-19 information video for the event.
CPhI Worldwide attendees can check out several co-located events will have access to a number of co-located events, enabling them to hone in on specific industry areas:
- P-MEC will focus on pharmaceutical machinery, including packaging equipment, cleanrooms, and other gear.
- InnoPack will cover pharmaceutical packaging and drug delivery systems.
- ICSE will connect global outsourcing providers with interested pharmaceutical operations.
- Finished Dosage Formulation (FDF) will assemble attendees involved in all aspects of finished dosages, from big pharma and CMOs to in/out licensing and dossier specialists, end-product distributors, and end-user agents.
- BioProduction Congress will touch upon both the small-and large-molecule worlds.
Each of these areas is subdivided into product-specific zones to further empower attendees to focus on what interests them.
The show’s digital platform is intended to ensure attendees can network, prequalify leads, and get up-to-date industry trends and insights. Further, users will be able to access content ranging from live roundtables and on-demand sessions to whitepapers and podcasts.
Also available is the CPhI Worldwide App, which provides access to a timetable of each day’s activities, a full list of exhibitors, and their location in the show hall.
Available both prior to the live event and after the show’s conclusion, the CPhI Worldwide online content will include more than 45 sessions, including keynotes, webinars, learning labs, and more. View the list of available programming here.
Some of the sessions include:
- European Regulations
- API Trend Outlook 2022
- Novel Excipients
- Technology Selection for Bioavailability Enhancement
- What is Driving Consolidation in the Pharmaceutical Contract Services Industry?
- Oral Solid Dose Innovation
- Cell and Gene Therapies
- Challenges, Trends and Strategic Opportunities in the CDMO Landscape
- Trends in Peptide Drug Discovery
- Device Design Strategy for A Connected Future
- Generics Outlook: Off-Patent Opportunities for 2022
The seventh annual Women in Leadership Forum, scheduled November 5, provides a place for female pharma professionals to connect, network, and share ideas for success. This year’s event will center on securing funding for female founders in pharma; professionals taking part represent a range of companies, including Alise Cortez and Associates, EndeavorVR, Shorla Pharma, Celltheon, and LucasPye BIO.
The Diversity Forum will touch upon inclusivity in life-sciences leadership. Organizations represented include PHL Diversity, Strategy&, LucasPye BIO, Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing, Jefferson Health, and Thomas Jefferson University.
The Well-being at Work sessions, (November 2-4) will explore the importance of wellbeing in the workplace, including ownership and responsibility for individual wellbeing. Sessions will cover the impact of mental distress and the significance of balance.
The Innovation Gallery is slated to profile highlight and innovative products and solutions, including novel pharmaceutical developments in packaging and drug delivery solutions. Attendees can register for a free Innovation Tour, where exhibitors each deliver a three-minute pitch on their innovation on the show floor.
CPhI Pharma Awards
These are designed to recognize companies and individuals whose efforts are driving the pharmaceutical industry forward. The awards (with 15 categories) are open to all pharma and biopharma firms engaged in the design, development, manufacture, production, and distribution of large- and small-molecule products. The ceremony (live and streamed) will take place on the first night of the show, November 9.
CPhI Worldwide 2021 is a hybrid event; the in-person component (expected to host up to 30,000 industry professionals with 1,400 exhibitors) takes place November 9-11 in Milan, and the digital content will be available until November 19. Read here to register or to see a list of sessions, events, and other features.