F-MELT®, developed by Fuji Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. in Japan, is a directly compressible excipient system for fast Oral Disintegrating Tablets (ODTs).
F-MELT®, a free-flowing granular powder, is produced by co-spray-drying a proprietary formulation of carbohydrates, disintegrants, and inorganic ingredients. Consisting of porous spherical particles, F-MELT® exhibits excellent tabletting properties and facilitates rapid water-penetration for a fast disintegration time.
Features that make F-MELT® Unique:
- Easy Preparation of ODTs
Compatible with standard tabletting press.
- Directly Compressible
"Off-the-shelf" excipient.In contrast to using wet-granulation and other ODT technologies, it is time-saving and cost-effective.
Highly flowable and less sticking/capping.
Excellent tablet hardness and low friability.
- Oral Disintegrating Time
Typically under 30 seconds.
- High API Loads
- Up to 60% API loads possible.
- Makes Commercial Sense
No royalty and licensing fees required.
- Other features:
- cGMP manufactured, pleasant mouth-feel, and neutral pH.
- Grades and Application
- Suitable for Pharmaceutical medicine and nutritional supplements*.
- Grades: Type C for a faster disintegration time and Type M for better compression.
*Only Type C is allowed for nutraceutical supplement ODTs in EU. Not allowed in the USA or Japan. Please inquire about other countries.
- In conformity with USP/NF, EP and JP.
- US DMF (Type IV) No. : 20084 (Type C only).