Neusilin® is a fine white powder or granule of magnesium aluminometasilicate manufactured by Fuji Chemical Industry. Compared to other common excipients in the silicate family, Neusilin®'s superior physico-chemical properties can resolve formulation problems encountered with oily actives, improve the quality of tablets, powder flow, capsules and many more.
Attractive Features of Neusilin® for pharmaceutical preparations:
- Alternative form of Magnesium aluminometasilicate
- Totally synthetic and amorphous structure.
- Spherical granule or powder type.
Extremely high specific surface area and flowable.
- Copes with oily actives
- High oil adsorption capacity and remains flowable.
May also improve existing powders by incorporating 1% w/w or less.
- Protects moisture sensitive APIs
- Adsorbs moisture at 70% relative humidity or greater.
- Highly Compressible
- Excellent compaction characteristics and increases tablet strength in combination with other common excipients.
- Neutral or Alkaline pH grades.
Insoluble in water, soluble in gastric acid,
Conforms to USP/NF and JPC.
US DMF Type IV
Pharmaceutical preparations involving direct compression or hard-capsule filling. Neusilin® may be used to replace existing excipients or used in part to synergize with other excipients.